This has been one of those weeks – it’s been full of troubles and difficulties and lack of sleep. But I don’t want to dwell on it – I’ve had my rant earlier tonight, and now I’m trying to focus on the good things… To that end, here is a list of some of the good things that have happened in the last week or so:
- In spite of everything, I think our (my) O-Week went pretty well. There were a few technical difficulties and last minute timetable changes, but I think that it’s all come together nicely. I think my frazzlement has shown through a few times – when we couldn’t get into the lab on monday, for example – but I’m generally pleased with how well I’ve held it together this week. The new students seem like a pretty good bunch, and I’m pretty pleased with my new fellow mentors.
- One of my friends was kind to me when I really needed a bit of kindness and caring. This was really the highlight of my week. You’ll know who you are if you read this – thank you 🙂
- I played some lawn bowls with my school friends on the weekend, and that was fun.
- I don’t seem to have injured myself when I fell off my bike (starting to scrape the bottom of the barrell here :p)
- The chicken and spaghetti thing I made on Tuesday night was really tasty.
- I’ve finished all the Empire Strikes Back episodes of Lego Star Wars II. A New Hope and Return of the Jedi shouldn’t take long either…
- Oh, and how could I forget – I got a phone call from Steve today! We’ve been talking online occasionally, and I’ve been reading his blog, but that’s not the same as actually talking, hearing each others voices. I didn’t realise how much the difference was until I answered the phone and heard his voice. It wasn’t a long phone call, but it made me happy 🙂 (awww…)
That’s a pretty good list, I think. I should probably try to do something like this as a regular thing…