Stuff about me, in the form of a list:
- I just finished honours in Anthropology at Curtin Uni, Perth, Western Australia. My topic was ‘Negotiating Safety in Perth’s Fire-Twirling Community’. I love that I had to go look that up – still not over being glad it’s over. I liked my topic, but the writing-up was very painful.
- I previously studied (& graduated from) Computer Science, same place. I mostly don’t use this degree, but I still use Linux on my personal computers, and I wrote my thesis in Latex.
- I’m interested in living more sustainably and simply. My current ambition is to have a small container veggie garden.
- I work at a small not-for-profit which focuses on sustainability, education and creativity. I do many things there.
- I seem to have a knack for crochet, and am teaching myself dressmaking. Don’t do as much of either as I’d like.
- I love cats. I desperately want a kitten, but can’t afford one right now.